LibreNews is a free, fast, open-source, and decentralized breaking news notification app. Whenever anything noteworthy happens in the world, you can be sure that you'll be notified.
Breaking news notifications are perhaps the most important channel by which we receive our information about the world, and LibreNews aims to democratize this essential medium. Don't let any corporation or government agency control your breaking news.
No ads, ever. Download LibreNews.
• Open source (server and client licensed GPLv3)
• Doesn't use up a ton of battery life
• Up-to-date and current
• Doesn't rely on Google infrastructure
• Secure & decentralized
• Lots of customization
• Material design adherent interface
• Simple, easy to understand settings
• High-quality code
• Encrypted & secure connection
• No tracking
• No ads
• Updates automatically, regardless of whether the app is open
The code for the LibreNews server is available at https://github.com/milesmcc/LibreNews-Server, and the code for the Android app is available at https://github.com/milesmcc/LibreNews-Android.
You can see the notification server at https://librenews.io.
You can expect LibreNews to send you about three notifications per day if you connect to the default server (https://librenews.io/api).
Follow us on Twitter: @LibreNewsApp
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+