A network of willing donors in a community can be directly contactable by doctors, medical units, blood banks and hospitals via this app.
A medical provider sends a message to the administrating phone which in turn relays the message out to the network of willing donors, who are registered with the admin.
The message (eg, type of blood required, time, location, contact number) sent out is personalised by the medical provider( eg, doctor). The message recipients will then respond either by a personal text or by a call to the doctor to confirm blood donation. The doctor can then send out another text to inform network that a donor has responded.
- Fast and easy access to a network of willing donors, particularly crucial during emergencies.
- To overcome a shortage of blood supply at blood banks by reaching to a wider crowd.
- For rare blood types, this app reaches out fast - a crucial factor to consider with critical shortage levels experienced at blood banks for rare blood groups.
- Due to lack of awareness or concern, this app enables people to donate as and when required.
- The network of donors is scaled down to community level - linking people from residential units, townships, universities and schools.
- To have an overall assessment of available blood types.
With the use of the administrative phone, the doctor only needs to send one message instead of many personal ones. The administrative phone relays the message automatically, alerting the network.This broadcast is therefore, a one way communication to avoid spams and wrongful use.
For the doctor to be in control of the network, text "I am doctor" to the admin phone. Therefore, many doctors can be linked. For a willing donor to receive messages, text "JoinBloodbank" to the admins phone to be part of the network. For the donor to quit, text "Quit" to the admins phone.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+