Stud Detector operates in a similar manner to other hand-held stud detector tools: LED lights light up in sequence with proximity to stud as your device's magnetometer passes over the stud. However, because modern mobile devices do not have density sensors (which are used by real studfinder tools) Stud Detector uses your compass (magnetometer) sensor to detect subtle changes in the background magnetic fields caused by conductive metal fasteners embedded in all studs. Because of the lack of a density sensor, studfinder apps cannot detect wood studs themselves, but rather, detect the metal fasteners embedded within them. Please keep this difference in mind when using Stud Detector.
- Now FREE with no more banner ads!
- Automatic sensor check
- Active detection button
- Stability indicator (Green LED)
- 3 detection level indicators (Red LEDs)
- 10 sensitivity levels (for various drywall thicknesses)
- Movable magnetometer location marker
- Toggle-able detection beeper
- Easy to follow, in-app DIY instructions
Thanks for downloading and using Stud Detector. I have constantly been updating and improving it since 2013, based on user feedback, in order to make it the most accurate, responsive, and easy to use stud finder app on the market. Please consider reviewing the app so future versions can be even further improved!