NGSL Builder uses the Intelligent Flashcards technology which is designed to lessen forgetting by bringing back words for you to study before you forget them. The app keeps detailed record of your progress and the ability to email your progress to yourself or a teacher. Definitions are written in simple English, with part of speech, and pronunciation of each word by a native speaker of English.
How to use the app:
1. Select "Choose your words"
2. Select your level.
3. Add words you want to learn from each band
4. Study the words.
5. If your guess is right, tap 'Right", and the app will move it to the next learning stage. You will see it in one day from now. If your guess is wrong, tap "Wrong" you will see the word again soon.
6. Get more words when you have learnt all the ones in your list
7. Use the app in a few days to learn words at the right time so you do not forget them
8. Open Settings to change how you use the app.
About Intelligent Flashcards:
The app also contains an Intelligent Wordlist Maker and Intelligent Flashcard system. The algorithm helps you to quickly and efficiently pick only the words you don’t know for study in the flashcard system. Rather than force you to go through the entire list at once, the system guides you through the list by frequency bands, allowing you to add words little by little, just as you need them or when you have time. Based on the well documented science of “spaced-repetition”, it systematically and efficiently helps you to review the words several times over a period of a month, giving you extra time with the words that are giving you difficulty.