You can get the boxes in any number of styles and materials and sizes. There are tiny boxes that hold pairs of earrings, boxes just for rings, large boxes that hold all different kinds of jewelry.
Don't limit yourself to their use, however, just because they are often called 'jewelry' boxes. You can use them for different purposes, and that can make them even more precious. Here are just a few ideas for alternate uses you might enjoy:
- Family heirloom: In some cases, you can find heirlooms that have been passed down even across seven or eight generations, making the item very prized and important. Obviously such a prized item should be protected and kept safe. But you don't want to just put it in whatever box. A vintage box, that is sturdy and itself weathered and passed down, would be ideal for this purpose.
- Wedding vows: Where do you keep your wedding vows? Long after your wedding reception is just a distant memory, you will still be able to enjoy your vows if you store them in a lovely jewelry box.
- wooden puzzle boxes. These wooden puzzle boxes are used to store not only jewelry but other personal valuables due to its complex and covert nature. The creation of wood jewelry boxes is an art form that requires a lot of skill and training in wood carving.
- Luxury Jewelry Boxes. Usually these circumstances are encrusted with diamonds or gemstones and are developed by jewelry designers. In this case you'd pick out to have a prevalent idea of the style for the gift, immediately after which speak about your desires getting a designer who then can create your exceptional box masterpiece.
- Musical jewellery boxes. The Musical jewellery boxes are used to store small but important and precious items. The items may range from bracelets given as a gift, rings, necklaces, watches or even plastic beads for small girls.
- Japanese Black Lacquer. The use of lacquerware was very natural for the people Japan since they have an abundance of lacquer trees in their beautiful island nation. It is the amazing sap of the lacquer tree that is used to produce the remarkable resinous coating that is the foundation for the lustrous shine and strength of these one of a kind and very remarkable Japanese lacquer jewelry boxes.
There are plenty of great ideas for how to use well made and attractive jewelry boxes. This is a good investment; even if you have nothing to put in it when you buy it, that will change.