About Behind the Wheel with ADHD
This app reminds teen drivers with ADHD, ASD or other attention deficits what steps to take prior to operating a vehicle. Studies show checklists eliminate many of the risky behaviors associated with ADHD novice teen driving.
• Text messages to guardian(s) at start and end of trip
• Reminder to take prescribed medications
• Focusing questions relative to hunger, state of mind and alertness
• Planning questions for preset radio channels and possible tolls
• Destination and # of passengers ascertained
• Checklist for approaching the vehicle
• Checklist for initial adjustments
Young adults with attention problems have as many as four times the number of accidents as those who don’t have ADHD. This program can play an important part of a comprehensive approach in battling the challenging effects of driving with attention issues.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+