About World of Colour
An educational game to teach useful vocabulary, suitable for students from grade 1 onwards and those studying English as a second language. The game uses 140 photos of everyday objects to teach the names of 14 common colours.
Students hear the name of a colour and choose the matching photo. After six right in a row, Race Mode starts automatically. It asks questions at speed to test the students' memory and comprehension of the colours just covered, before continuing with new colours. At the end of the race, students can see how well they have done relative to their other races. The game gradually focuses on any colours that the students have difficulty recognizing, and speeds up as competence is gained.
By contrast to Race Mode, Story Mode slowly introduces new colours by saying them as the photos are shown, allowing students to quietly look, listen and learn.
The game is controlled by on-screen gestures which are simple to demonstrate and easy to use, and the game can be played without voice prompts.
* 140 photos of everyday objects
* 14 common colours
* Race Mode tests memory and comprehension against the clock
* Story Mode allows students to look, listen and learn
* Slideshow Mode displays all the photos in alphabetical order
* Zoom and Pan Mode magnifies the images to see more detail
* Easy on-screen gestures to control the game
* Context-sensitive help
* No advertising and no internet connection required.
The paid version of this app has much higher resolution photos than the free versions.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+