Suitable for anyone from beginners to advanced learners. Contains both IPA and SRS functionality.
With English Pronunciation you can study the following sound pairs.
・ R/L (rake/lake)
・ V/B (vest/best)
・ A Sounds (cat/cut)
・ E Sounds (work/walk)
- Practice using individual words or example sentences recorded by native speakers
- 4 minimal pairs
- Multiple study modes (practice individual sound pairs, practice all, test, game)
- Supports both spelling and IPA (the International Phonetic Alphabet)*
- Sounds recorded by 7 native speakers
- Basic SRS to remind you to study
- Detailed scores to show progress
- Streak function to encourage daily study
*If you have never used IPA (but want to learn), please check the IPA information section for a comparison of sounds.
--What is IPA?--
IPA, or the International Phonetic Alphabet, is an alphabet for pronunciation. It shows the sound of a word. In English, many spellings have the same sound. In IPA, those words are written the same.
On the other hand, some English words are spelled the same, but sound different. In IPA, those words are written differently.
For more information and examples, please see the IPA information section within the app.
--What is SRS?--
SRS stands for Spaced Repetition System. It is a system often used by language learners to study more efficiently.
If you don’t practice something for a long time, you might forget it. SRS reminds you to review something before you forget it.
You will see a colored bar with each set. When you practice a sound pair, the bar will fill up based on your score. If your score is higher than the current color, the bars will increase. The bars will not decrease if you get a lower score.
The bars decrease with time. Based on your score, the bars will start to decrease 1-3 weeks after you get a good score.
If the bar color changes for a sound pair, make sure you practice it again!