About Sebs Media App
St.Sebastian’s College started its unending voyage in 1854. Commenced on the verandah of St. Sebastian’s Church. Initially there were 11 pupils studying in English medium and was administered by Rev. Fr. Parish Priest. The first headmaster was Mr. Lawrence Perera.
The De La Salle brothers took over the administration from the Rev. Priests on the 3rd of January 1926.
The first Director of the College was an Irishman. Rev.Bro.Bonaventure ably assisted by Rev.Bro.Athanasius and Bro. Oliver. Rev.Bro.Bonaventure introduced the College Flag – Green, White and Gold and the first College Song. The Primary school was organized under Rev.Bro.Xavier as first Principal. The Education Department reorganized the school in 1927 and thus it became St. Sebastian’s College the first crest and the college song were introduced by Bro.Athanasius. The College was situated at present at Uyana was acquired by Rev.Bro.Camilles then the Provincial Visitor with a loan from Rev.Bro.Condert The Archbishop of Colombo and an outright donation from Mr. N. Bastion Fernando. The main two story building and the Science Lab was built in 1950.
It was in 1951 the scholar post Rev.Bro.Anselam Alixtas was appointed as the Director of the College. He changed the College Song into the New College Anthem with the music composed by Anton Krasse a reputed pianist and the Inspector of music Department of Education. Rev.Bro.Anselam also re-shaped the College Crest. Mr. Krasse formed the melody and trained the choir ably assisted by Rev. Bro.Athanasius.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+