About Child Heart
The Child Heart mobile application is a helping tool for the doctors which include paediatricians and neonatologists to communicate with an expert from Aster DM Healthcare, about the possibility of Congenital heart disease (CHD) and also to estimate the seriousness of the illness and plan its subsequent management. The Child Heart mobile application can be used to add the physical findings that are relevant to the case along with images and videos that support the query.
Early detection of this anomaly is important to prevent death and morbidity. Congenital heart disease (CHD) is one of the commonest human malformations, affecting 6 per 1000 live births. They account for 10% of infant deaths and about 50% of deaths from malformations. It is a clinical paradox that the most benign lesions such as small VSDs or mild pulmonary stenosis, are more likely to be detected on routine newborn examination. Of the major structural lesions, the cyanotic conditions will usually present with symptoms or signs and so also will be detected early. There remains, however, an important group with major structural lesions, particularly those with ductal-dependent systemic circulations, who are well in the period shortly after birth and then collapse in a critical state once the ductus closes. In an era of early obstetric discharge, this collapse is increasingly likely to happen at home where successful resuscitation is more difficult. This clinical problem is one of the major unresolved challenges of newborn screening. Congenital heart disease (CHD) is more common than most people realise. Nearly 1 percent of babies born in the country each year have CHD, making it one of the most frequently diagnosed birth defects. As advances in surgery and medical management have greatly improved, those born with cardiac anomalies are now living far into adulthood.
Why does early detection matter?
• improves family experience throughout pathway;
• improves immediate postnatal management optimised by birthplace at or close to a paediatric cardiac surgery centre.
• potentially reduces complications, morbidity and mortality associated with cardiovascular compromise subsequent to delayed diagnosis
• reduces the number of emergency transfers of undiagnosed babies at birth.
The paediatrician collects the following data
• O2 saturation level
• Heart Rate
• Capillary fill time
• Chest X-ray
• 12 Lead ECG
This information is populated and shared with the expert through this app. He receives a notification and provides his expert opinion in return via the app.
This allows, the paediatrician to come to a conclusion regarding the presence or absence of structural heart disease and the need for further evaluation. In case there is strong suspicion, the patient would be referred to a higher centre for diagnosis and management.
• Get an expert opinion in an instant
• Send information (such as O2 saturation level, Heart Rate, Capillary fill time, Chest X-ray, 12 Lead ECG, Echocardiogram) to an expert for inspection
• Upload images and videos to support your query
• Follow-up with the expert, until you are satisfied
• Get notified when an expert answers your query
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+