Covers mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fishes, butterflies, moths, plants, mushrooms.
100,000 of stunning photos.
1,000 of sounds.
SEARCH AND IDENTIFY
You can easily search by name, color, region, or:
- Animals: by size, conservation status, circadian rhythm, diet...
- Plants: by growth habit, leaf cycle, flower type, fruit type, storage organ...
- Fungi: by cap shape, hymenium attachment, hymenophore type, flesh color change...
Supports not just English, but mostly also Czech, French, German, Polish and Spanish.
Wikipedia texts also in: Catalan, Chinese (Mandarin), Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Taxon names also in: Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Chechen, Croatian, Danish, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, Galician, Georgian, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Kazakh, Korean, Latin, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian (Nynorsk), Persian (Farsi), Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Uzbek, Volapük.
ANY TWO DATASETS FOR FREE
- ...and that is definitely more than with other field guide apps. And if it's not enough for you, download arbitrary number of datasets for the price of just one drink.
- You can also easily use photos as a background or contacts image (ever thought of your brother as a slow loris?)
- Use any animal sound as a ring tone, with just a few clicks!
- All the content is based on various free sources such as Wikipedia, Encyclopedia of Life, ITIS, or Xenocanto, and mixed together to provide you a fast and practical experience.
SOME OF THE REGIONS COVERED:
Alaska, Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Canary Isl, Cape Verde, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Corsica, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Dominican Rep, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Europe, Falklands, Faroe Isl, Fiji, Finland, France, Galapagos, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Hawaii, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Madeira, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Martinique, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Guinea, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Reunion, Salvador, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Asia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe and more.
Culinary fruits, Garden plants, Medicinal plants, Aquarium fish species, Primates, Carnivorans, Whales, Owls, Woodpeckers, Vipers, Geckos, Amphibians, Newts, Catfishes, Hawk moths, Swallowtails, Boletaceae, Russulales and much more...
Full list of datasets: http://www.bioguideapp.com/datasets.php