Thousands of stunning photos.
Hundreds of sounds.
WORLD COUNTRIES CHECKLISTS, and other datasets:
- Mammals - Now you don't have to visit the ZOO anymore.
- Birds - Browse what birds could fly around you, or just listen to the calls.
- Reptiles - Don't be afraid of your local snakes!
- Amphibians - Why not just download all amphibians to your device?
- Butterflies and moths - Larva, pupa, or an adult...
- Fungi - Identify the mushrooms you hunted down by mycological characteristics such as cap shape.
- Fish, Plants - currently in preparation.
ANY TWO DATASETS FOR FREE
- ...and that is definitely more than with other field guide apps. And if it's not enough for you, download arbitrary number of datasets for the price of just one drink.
- You can also easily use photos as a background or contacts image (ever thought of your brother as a slow loris?)
- Use any animal sound as a ring tone, with just a few clicks!
- All the content is based on various free sources such as Wikipedia, Encyclopedia of Life, ITIS, or Xenocanto, and mixed together to provide you a fast and practical experience.
SOME OF THE REGIONS COVERED:
Alaska, Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Canary Isl, Cape Verde, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Corsica, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Dominican Rep, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Europe, Falklands, Faroe Isl, Fiji, Finland, France, Galapagos, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Hawaii, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Madeira, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Martinique, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Guinea, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Reunion, Salvador, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Asia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe and more.
Based on taxonomy. Just a few examples: Primates, Carnivores, Whales, Owls, Rails, Robins, Snakes, Geckos, Chameleons, Amphibians, Newts, Hornworms, Geometers, Swallowtail butterflies, Agaricales, Boletus, Morels...
Full list of datasets: http://bioguideapp.com/datasets
In Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latin, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian (Bokmål and Nynorsk), Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Volapük.