Returning the ICE protocol back to a uniform and intuitive process for both the phone owner AND the paramedic - and indeed all emergency staff, original ICE Founder, Bob Brotchie, has created the most simple and efficient method required for Android Smartphones.
In the rare event you find yourself unable to communicate due to a traumatic event, medical or psychological illness, it is ideal if paramedics and other emergency responders, including hospital staff, can:
1. Confirm your identity.
2. Notify your next-of-kin, or agreed on ICE contact, about where you are. Thus allowing the earliest possible repatriation, reducing stress and increasing the potential for recovery where available, meaning you aren't alone in the hospital and booked in only as a 'patient unknown' (PU).
3. Reduce further harm. When points 1 and/or 2 above are available, or the data on the phone is available, the chances of harmful medical interventions occurring are significantly reduced.
And where other ICE opportunities already exist…
This app is a complement to all other methods, now being provided, by cell phone makers and other app developers. ICE Wallpaper Creator can be used on its own and with other methods. In short, this app provides for the most critical information to be accessible in the shortest possible time!
ICE – In Case of Emergency has been running successfully, and has been globally accepted, since 2005. This ICE wallpaper creator app returns emergency notification back to the ideals of Bob's original concept.
Without a uniform approach, the cell phone user is often unaware of the availability and method to ICE their phone. Added to this, the paramedic and/or hospital staff, are less motivated to trust going beyond the 'locked screen'. Reasons may be because many phone owners fail to populate the available data fields, or that the phone is locked and it is often unclear how to rapidly access any data when under pressure due to the various methods made available to date. Providing uniform access is the only way to create potential success.
The ICE Wallpaper Creator brings the greatest opportunity possible for its intended purpose to be successful.
Coming from Bob Brotchie, the founder of ICE, who has worked tirelessly for more than ten years promoting ICE, he has also acted as a consultant with other notification system innovators over that period and has gained extensive experience.
Remember, this app provides for the most critical information to be accessible in the shortest possible time because this app satisfies and indeed excels in, once again, returning to the simplicity that has made ICE the success it continues to be today, by providing:
1. A uniform approach for utilisation by emergency staff at the scene, and in the hospital, by creating the most rapid and intuitive access on behalf of the patients who are unable to communicate for themselves in an emergency situation.
2. The most critical data required - instantly - whether the phone is locked, or not:
• Date of Birth (if selected)
• First and any second choice agreed ICE contacts
• Anything the phone owner feels the responder or hospital must know, right off the bat!
3. The ability to quickly add a 'selfie' for the 'lock screen' or 'home' wallpaper. Thus further enhancing the paramedic or hospital staff's ability to confirm the phone holder IS the person for whom the ICE information relates.
4. Choice of text colours, and screen position, for data the user decides to provide.
5. Your choice of changeable wallpaper themes.
We hope you never need ICE, but if you do, and it's put to use, we think it's invaluable not only to you, but your loved ones also.
ICE - because no one should lay unknown in the hospital, and no loved one should suffer the anguish of finding out too late. It's as clear as ICE why this app matters to you and your loved ones. Get it and share it - because the unexpected can be planned for!
I think this is a brilliant idea - and it has been executed really well, as shown by the fact that I, an ex-BlackBerry user, was able to install it & set it up on my new Android phone without problems.
A very simple but effective way to ensure that your phone is ICE'd.