One day of the best beer, great music with two stages and a kidszone waiting for you.
Bloktoberfest, an all-ages, free-to-attend celebration of beer, food, music, and Philly will be returning for its sixth year on Saturday, October 3rd 2015, from noon to 9pm, taking over four blocks of South Street between Broad Street and 18th Street. In partnership with the South of South Neighborhood Association, South Street West Business Association and Bella Vista Beer Distributors, Bloktoberfest will once again showcase a wide selection of beer by craft breweries from around the country, food from neighborhood vendors and food trucks, and multiple stages of live music featuring nationally recognized and emerging local acts. The event is not for profit, with beer proceeds directed back into a variety of neighborhood initiatives addressing education, green space and public safety.
The Bloktoberfest app is your one place to”
- Find everything at your fingertips to enjoy the best of Bloktoberfest all in one place!
- Access the list of beers and where they located in Bloktoberfest. (including some first time ever surprises)
- Access both stages line ups of great bands.
- Mark the performances you are attending and automatically add them to your calendar making sure you don’t miss any of the action on either stage.
- Get the details on the performers.
- See all of the Bloktoberfest social media posts in one place in the app timeline.
- Find your fellow blok heads using our find a friend capability in the map section.
- Drop a pin on the map so you can locate your blok head friends, restaurants or rendezvous points.
- See your personal journal in “My Festyvent” which combines your photos with performer photos and their soundcloud tracks. You can then share postcards to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Keep informed through notifications throughout the event.
- In the photobooth you can tweet or post your snaps directly to FB and Instagram from the app itself.
….and it is all completely FREE!
To access some of the above features you will need internet features and you will be asked to register for an account or sign in using Facebook or Twitter and give permission for storing your ID on our servers. You will also need to allow the app to access your location and contacts for Find-a-Friend to work. Bluetooth is used so your app can get messages and offers from locations that use beacons.