About Workout Timer : Crossfit
This app is the perfect timer for your workouts. It offers a clear visibility on the clock from far away as well as a simple and beautiful design.
It is particularly oriented towards crossfit and its type of training (wods) with weights, kettlebells and bodyweight exercises. However you don't need to do crossfit to use this timer, it is also good for other types of training such as running intervals, calisthenics (plank and other static holds) any type of stretching and even regular gym sessions where you need to time your resting periods.
There is 5 different modes of timers:
- ???? FOR TIME: As fast as possible for time
This is a stopwatch that goes up until you stop it (the workout is done) or you reach the time cap.
- ⏰ AMRAP : As Many Reps As Possible
This is a timer that counts down until the time is expired. You set the time during which you want to exercise and it counts down until it reaches zero.
- ???? EMOM: Every Minute On the Minute
This timer will count down every interval you set for the number of rounds you provide. The interval can be changed, it can be an EMOM or E3MOM for example. You get notified 3 seconds in advance when the new round is about to start so you can get ready for it. When a new interval is coming, the clock will change color so you can see it from far away.
- ⏰ TABATA - High Intensity Intervals training (HIIT) - Circuit training:
This mode will alternate between work time and rest time for the specified number of rounds. You can configure the work and rest intervals and the total number of rounds. It is ideal for cardio workouts such as x mins ON and x sec off. You also get notified when the interval is changing and the color of the clock is changing so you can see it from far away.
- CUSTOM: Creates your own custom timer sequences
This mode allows you to create your own sequence of workout time and exercise time. It's useful if the EMOM or TABATA ones are not flexible enough.
You can pause the clock at any time and resume the workout you were doing if you need to take a water break or maybe adjusting the weights.
Workout timer also offers:
- A countdown before any clocks starts so you have time to setup your exercise and jump on that rower or bike!
- Round counter for the FOR TIME and AMRAP modes so you can keep track of how many rounds you have done so far (no need of pocker chips anymore).
This interval timer is suited for any kind of sports and is particularly relevant for high intensity interval training, you can get notified very easily while working out (when the workout starts, when a new interval is about to start, when the workout ends) with:
- A clock sound (pretty much like a real crossfit clock ????)
- A phone vibration - useful when doing running intervals and holding your phone for example
- A flashlight blink signal every round (android 6.0+) - useful when your phone is far away and you can't put the sound on for example
Happy training and good wods!
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+