Once you've planned your train journey with us, you’ll get…
• Live feedback from other users of the train services
• Rate every train service you take
• Live updates on train times
• Keep track of how many minutes you’ve lost when the train’s been late. We also record any time you’ve gained
• See which platform your train is going from as soon as it is confirmed
• Find out which rail services have the most available seats, get most crowded and which are the least reliable
• Send your mates, loved ones, employers updates of when you’ll arrive
• Find out the current status of your train operator
• We’ll send you notifications when you need to bring a brolly or the train disruption on your commute is getting bad
We’re independent of any rail provider, but we know stuff about rail and we know about commuting. We built CommuteLondon to spend less time hanging around train stations, planning train journeys, and to have more fun with our time on trains.
Find out what the customers are saying about their train operators;
• Virgin Trains
• London Midland
• East Midlands Trains
• Great Northern
• Virgin Trains East Cost
• Chiltern Railways
• TFL Rail
• Greater Anglia
• Great Western Railway (GWR)
• South West Trains
Some people ask us why we ask you to sign up for train info. Well, we need to take a little bit of information about your commute and that’s a bit personal. We want to provide some protection around that, so we ask you to sign up. We won’t share any personal data with anyone. We also like to keep in touch with our newsletters – we hope you like them, they’re not about us, they’re about commuting.
Why are we asking for permission to use your microphone? The new release of the third party feedback tool we're using (instabug) allows users to send us voice memos as feedback. This was a little unexpected and we're working to disable it or have it removed. Apologies for this, but don't worry we're not listening, unless you shake the app and decide to send us a voice message!
If you want to share locations, we tune some info based on where you are.