About Clacton on Sea Golf
Clacton-on-Sea Golf Club was founded in 1892 when a small band of enthusiasts leased 40 acres of grazing land close to the town centre and roughly laid out nine holes. After four years the land was taken back for residential development and the club moved to the other side of town where it leased, initially, 50 acres to provide nine holes, then a further 50 acres in 1909 to give 18 holes. Much of that land is still part of the present course, though there have been many changes in boundaries and layout since then. Not least because of the demise of the Butlins holiday camp.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+