1. Gives you the ability to type in messages to a guest and show them on your device's screen while the message is spoken aloud by your device's voice engine, so the guest can read and hear your messages.
2. Gives you the power to record the guest's feedback using your device's speech recognition capabilities and then translates their response into text you can read on the screen.
3. Provides a couple of pre-programmed, informative greetings that can be launched before message playback or capturing feedback. The informative greetings alert the guest you're communicating with that you are deaf or hard of hearing and that you're using your device to communicate with them, so they understand the process.
4. Provides a user manual that describes the Verbātim communication process, which you can easily reference anytime you need some clarification about how to use the app.
5. Makes available the option to communicate with others while your device is offline or has a weak internet signal by allowing you to exchange back and forth text messages with a guest using your device.
(*Note: The process of recording a guest's feedback and translating their response into text that you can read requires an efficient internet connection. If your internet connection is not working properly, feedback recording will not work. However, you can still communicate using the offline option. Offline mode is not SMS text messaging to the guest's device. It's an exchange of text messages through Verbātim via the sharing of your device.*)
*Currently only available in English. Other languages coming soon.
*Minimum Android version required: 3.0 Honeycomb (API 11)
*Available for phones and tablets
Like Verbātim on Facebook!
Follow Verbātim on Twitter!