About ESC Student
"Reliable, relevant health advice for young adults who want to look after themselves and use medical services wisely" (Dr Dominique Thompson, Director, Students' Health Service, University of Bristol).
Concerned about a health problem? Not sure what to do next? You're not alone. Many students worry about their health.
The Expert Self Care (ESC) Student app is your one-stop guide to answering common student health questions within seconds.
It has been created by medical doctors and is certified by the NHS England Information Standard as a source of reliable health information.
This app has been developed together with students and experts from the University of Bristol Students' Health Service. It offers you reassurance on everything from first aid & emergencies to common ailments, mental health problems, physical (body) symptoms, love and sex, healthy living, travel health, alcohol & drugs, long-term health problems, staying safe at uni, accessing health services…and more.
Open the app and find reliable health information on over 120 important student health topics in plain language – anywhere, anytime, and in private:
• Troubling health problems – check out what to do next and when to see a pharmacist, nurse or doctor
• Emergencies and general ill health – discover the truth about life-threatening illnesses as well as sleep problems, feeling stressed, and being tired all the time
• Common ailments – get to the bottom of headaches, find out how to treat your spots, and manage common aches and pains
• Mental health – find out what to do when you (or one of your friends) feel low or anxious, self-harm or are worried about drinking too much alcohol
• Useful links – get fast access to hundreds of links to useful further information
We will update this app continuously, at no extra charge. Coming soon: more high-quality photos, diagrams and other images as well as expanded social sharing functions.
More new student health related apps (e.g. on mental health topics) are in the pipeline. To stay tuned you can like us on facebook (www.facebook.com/expertselfcare), follow us on twitter (www.twitter.com/expertselfcare) and sign up for news through our website (http://www.expertselfcare.com/news/).
We will always try to improve this app further, and we'd appreciate if you could give us feedback and take the time to rate ESC student. Thank you!
Download ESC Student today for quick, easy and discreet access to reliable health info on your smartphone!
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+