GeoFavorites will allow you to quickly save your personal geographical favorite places (latitude and longitude coordinates) along with a name and description. You may also view your elevation / altitude. You may keep your favorites places private or share them with others. You may view your favorite places on a map and modify their name and description from any Windows Phone, Android or iOS (Apple) device with this app installed.
• No ads or in-app purchases.
• Free app updates as long as you own the app.
• Create as many favorites as you like.
• Quickly show your current location on map with full Google Maps functionality (e.g. Map/Satellite/Street/Terrain views, move “pegman” to see street view at another nearby location on map, zoom in/out, select Google Location details such as restaurants, etc.). Current location will also show your approximate elevation / altitude (even if offline or in Airplane Mode *** ).
• After viewing your elevation / altitude and current location on a map you can then save the location (latitude longitude coordinates) as a personal favorite by using the location capabilities of your device (if GPS is not available, app will automatically use cellular and/or Wi-Fi location capabilities of your device).
• Show/Add Current Location screen map shows marker pins for all of your previously saved favorites in addition to the current location indicator so that you can tell where you are now relative to your saved favorites. Tap on marker pin to display the name you gave a favorite.
• Current location indicator on Show/Add Current Location screen map will update as you move.
• Create new current location favorites even while offline or in Airplane Mode *** (Location Services must be enabled).
• Search for future planned locations by either common name (e.g. "Disneyland") or street address and save them as favorites. No Location Service capabilities are needed for this feature.
• Edit or delete favorites you have saved, even while offline or in Airplane Mode (Location Services not required).
• Publish your personal favorites to share them with others that have this app.
• Generate a web link to share your favorite with others that do not have this app. You can then copy the link and paste it into an email or text message to the person you would like to share it with. When they click on the link it will show them your favorite on the map in their default web browser along with the name and description you gave the favorite.
• Minimal mobile data usage required to refresh maps when Wi-Fi is not available.
• Minimal app permissions needed for install (Internet access, Network Status and your location).
*** Warning: GPS in consumer mobile devices is designed to stop functioning at undisclosed combinations of altitude and speed to prevent it from being used in creating guided weapons. If you decide to strap helium balloons to your lawn chair, do not rely on this app for navigation while in flight.