TravelAware is a real-time warning, communication and employee positioning system that connects travellers and management teams. The system comprises two integrated platforms: the TravelAware app for travellers and the TravelAware portal for management teams.
The app provides users with timely and relevant safety, security and travel alerts issued by our 24/7 team of expert analysts. The unique positioning technology behind the app means the alerts are specific to travellers’ locations. The alerts ensure travellers receive early notification of events that could impact their journeys or safety, including natural disasters, civil unrest and industrial action, major traffic disruption and terrorism. By receiving early warning of such incidents, travellers and security managers are able to make informed decisions and take appropriate action to ensure the safety and security of travellers. Ahead of departure, the local insights and practical advice contained in the Country Profiles will help app users prepare for business trips. Wherever a traveller is, the app provides instant access to local emergency providers through one-click of the SOS button.
The TravelAware system alerts management teams when any of their travellers is at risk and enables them to quickly locate and communicate with their travellers, saving essential time and resources in an emergency. Management teams can set-up customised SOS numbers for their app users, giving their employees easy access to emergency numbers of your company’s choice, such as a G4S operations room. Our state-of-the-art communications technology means managers can ascertain with confidence when app users have received and read alerts, data that is automatically recorded for audit purposes.
The portal is intuitive and easy to use, and allows management teams to quickly add, remove and manage app users. The portal can be customised to clients’ needs and allows management teams to share company-specific information with their travellers via the app.
The TravelAware system means:
• Employees have the safety and security advice they need to adequately prepare for business trips
• Business travellers avoid threats to their safety and security, and disruption to their travel plans
• Management teams can quickly locate and communicate with their employees in an emergency
• Real-time alerts and expert advice sent directly to business travellers when a threat emerges in their country of travel
• Company-specific practical security and travel advice for countries worldwide
• SOS numbers for local emergency services wherever business travellers go
• SOS numbers for emergency providers of your company’s choice
• Emergency communications and tracking
Battery disclaimer: The TravelAware app relies on continued use of GPS running in the background, which can dramatically decrease battery life. However, due to smart throttling of the GPS, the impact is reduced to a minimum.