About हिन्दू धर्म के 16 संस्कार और उनकी वैज्ञानिकता
Rituals are the activities performed to elevate the body, mind and soul.
They alter the nature of an object and give it a new shape.
Just like a goldsmith burns the gold in fire to purify it, similarly in Vedic culture, an infant is put in a furnace of excellent impressions (sanskaar).
There are 16 sanskaras(Rituals) in Hinduism.
All Rituals have their own importance in terms of spirituality, Science and Health.
These are a set of rituals at significant points of time in a person's life.
These Rituals have been explained in detail in this app.
The 16 samskaras are:
1. Garbhadhana (Conception)
2. Punsavana (Fetus protection)
3. Simantonnayana (Satisfying the cravings of the pregnant mother)
4. Jatakarma (Child birth)
5. Namakaran (Naming the child)
6. Nishkramana (Taking the child outdoors for the first time)
7. Annaprasana (Giving solid food)
8. Mundan (Hair cutting)
9. Karnavedha (Ear piercing)
10. Upanayana (Sacred thread ceremony)
11. Vedarambha (Study of Vedas)
12. Samavartana (Returning home after completion of education)
13. Vivaha (Marriage)
14. Vanaprastha (Preparation for renunciation)
15. Sannyasa (Renunciation)
16. Antyesthi (Cremation)
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+