About KH CA 311 (Unreleased)
Weclome to the first Cross-Canada 3-1-1 app that supports both official Canada languages: French & English.
If you see, hear, smell or sense something that's Not an Emergency BUT appears out of place, you can use this app to report your observation.
IMPORTANT: Please Do Not use this app for Emergency messaging; use 9-1-1 instead for emergencies.
The app reports the observation whether or not there is a participating civic authority (such as a City or Municipality) that can respond to your observation.
If there is a participating civic authority that supports this app, then that civic authority takes the responsibility to responsible to respond to your report.
The app enables the use of google maps and photography to enhance your ability to report your observation of a Non-Emergency situation.
Persons with motion disability have the following two options depending on the severity of disability:
1. If the disability is only limited to use of keyboard, then use the "Where-Am-I" widget which is a simple drag-drop gesture interface
2. If the disability does not allow for use of keyboard and trag-drop gesture, then use a part of the body that can click on the microphone and then speak into the microphone:
- This will convert your speech into text
- You can continue to click your photo
- You can also click to forward your 3-1-1 report
The app enables reporting with the use of a form-prepared Email that uploads your map, photo and category selection. The app also upload your microphone observations to Email. Modern SMS/Text apps have Email options.
To find out if your Canada civic or municipal authority offers this app to their residents, visit their website and observe whether the 3-1-1 logo matches that of this apps icon. Participating municipalities offering this app are required to show the app logo.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+