When will we get there? How many weirs are we going to pass by? Which line to choose? I'm hungry, is there any restaurant? Where are we going to camp? How is called the castle nearby? All of this and lot more you can easily and quickly find in the mobile app Canoeing navigation. In addition there is also available a Web version of Canoeing navigation at http://www.vodackanavigace.cz.
Canoeing navigation offers:
- Detailed navigation and guide for paddling Czech rivers
- Detailed information about every mentioned place
- More than 150 well-arranged schemas of the weirs
- Information about current runnability of each river section
- Application is completely for free, it doesn’t contain any inner payments.
- Application doesn’t need access to the internet (except to maps, it can happen they couldn’t work without access to Wi-Fi)
- Application is for those who practise touristic canoeing, it doesn’t contain any information about paddling white water.
What kind of data we provide
In Canoeing navigation you can find a detailed guide and navigation of ten most famous Czech rivers, which are: Vltava, Sázava, Otava, Ohře, Lužnice (including the new river), Nežárka, Berounka and Orlice (calm and wild one). We are going to add more rivers in recent time.
For each river we have in evidence weirs, rapids, classes of difficulty, campsites, bars, canteens, restaurants, sights, villages, bridges, tributaries, information about traffic, hydrometers and other important information for paddlers.
Data contained in Canoeing navigation is not copied from any older navigation. All the information is manually assigned and described according to the current state. On creating and maintenance we are cooperating with our local partners usually boat rentals. They work daily on these rivers, so they know them really well. Thanks to them we provide actual information.
In addition to this application offers possibility to send us a proposal to correct or complete the information in case there occur any mistake or some information would be missing. We will be glad, if you get involved and help us to keep the guide actual.