About SMS Backup & restore +contacts
"Backup Restore Plus" is an simple app that backs up your SMS and contacts locally on your android handset. The app not only delivers a beautiful UI but also a strong performance. Performance, memory efficiency and promising features were deeply estimated during developing the app.
Note Only for KitKat and above:
Starting from Android KitKat, the app requires some settings that are essential for performing certain tasks (like Restoring and Deleting SMS). The app is made that much flexible that it will attain those settings automatically after asking "permission to change settings". You will be prompt to restore those changed settings back once the task is completed. If you somehow fail to restore your settings or you accidentally rejects the restore settings task, than you should manually change the settings otherwise your incoming SMS will not be saved.
- Go to Phone Settings.
- Navigate into Tethering & networks.
- Select Default message app.
- Than, select your messaging app.
During Restore do not use phone, press power key, home key or any other key. In such case, you are more likely to delay / interrupt / freeze the operation. Currently no support for hangout.
- Backup SMS in SSON format & Contacts in CSON format.
- Supports Emoji (in SMS).
- Restore SMS and Contacts on the phone..
- Deletes all SMS or Contacts on the phone.
- Deletes SMS & Contacts backups.
- Send SMS & Contacts backups
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+