FREE NAVIGATIONAL CHARTS
- NOAA ENC Electronic Navigational Charts (NOAA's newest and most powerful electronic charting product)
- NOAA BSB Classic Raster Charts (including Day, Red, Dusk, Night, and Gray versions)
- All chart data is supplied by NOAA.
Just toggle the chart you want in the map settings section and it will show up on the map! Zoom in for the finest detail!
ROUTE PLANNING TOOLS
-Route Plotting. Tap and hold on the map for one second to plot your waypoints. To form a route, continue to tap and hold on the map in different areas. Distance and bearing are conveniently calculated and displayed for each leg as you add, adjust, or remove waypoints.
-Travel Mode. Automatically centers the map on your current position as you move. Use travel mode to see how closely you are following your plotted route in real time!
-Route Leg Summary. A convenient view containing detailed information of each leg you have plotted, including start and end coordinates, distance, and bearing.
BUOY REPORTS AND OBSTRUCTION INFORMATION
Markers for buoys and obstructions are conveniently plotted in their actual location on the map! Just click on the marker to view their information!
- Buoy Reports: Get complete current conditions and wave reports for fixed and drifting buoys.
- Obstructions: Get location and history information about potentially dangerous, submerged hazards including rocks and sunken vessels.
The navigational dashboard shows various real-time information including:
- Current location (latitude and longitude, with accuracy range)
- Current Heading (includes a small directional compass as well!)
- Current Speed Over Ground
- Current Bearing
MARINE MAP OVERLAYS
Toggle various marine overlay data right onto the map to get a better idea of the current boating conditions!
- Water Surface Temperature (Global)
- Wind Speeds (US only)
- Wind Gusts (US only)
- Wave Heights (US only)
LOCATION SHARING OVER WATER / VIEW OTHER BOATS
- Display your last known location, speed, bearing, and boat name on the map for other Marine Ways boaters to view.
- View the last known location, speed, bearing, and boat name of other Marine Ways boaters, as well as their distance and bearing from your location.
- Location sharing is turned off by default. When you are ready to share, toggle it on within general settings. To continuously update your location on the map, keep the app opened and focused. The app currently does not update your location in the background.
- Weather Precipitation Radar (US & Hawaii only). Detects any rain and snow in the area.
- Weather Station. Reports the nearest observation station data. Current temperature, humidity, weather conditions, wind, and more! Station observation data is available globally.
- Weather Alerts. Weather station also reports any active weather alerts issued by the National Weather Service such as severe thunderstorm warnings or hurricane warnings. Weather alert information is available for US, Alaska and Hawaii.
- Land Surface Temperature overlay. Shows the current surface temperature on land (US only).
Navigational Charts Disclaimer from NOAA:
NOAA ENC Online is not certified for navigation. Screen captures of the ENCs displayed here do NOT fulfill chart carriage requirements for regulated commercial vessels under Titles 33 and 46 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
Enjoy the app! Marine Ways is also available on the web at http://www.marineways.com