FREE NAVIGATIONAL CHARTS
- NOAA ENC Electronic Navigational Charts (NOAA's newest and most powerful electronic charting product)
- NOAA BSB Classic Raster Charts (including Day, Red, Dusk, Night, and Gray versions)
Just toggle the chart you want in the map settings section and it will show up on the map! Zoom in for the finest detail!
ROUTE PLANNING TOOLS
-Route Plotting. Tap and hold on the map for one second to plot your waypoints. To form a route, continue to tap and hold on the map in different areas. Distance and bearing are conveniently calculated and displayed for each leg as you add, adjust, or remove waypoints.
-Travel Mode. Automatically centers the map on your current position as you move. Use travel mode to see how closely you are following your plotted route in real time!
-Route Leg Summary. A convenient view containing detailed information of each leg you have plotted, including start and end coordinates, distance, and bearing.
BUOY REPORTS AND OBSTRUCTION INFORMATION
Markers for buoys and obstructions are conveniently plotted in their actual location on the map! Just click on the marker to view their information!
- Buoy Reports: Get complete current conditions and wave reports for fixed and drifting buoys.
- Obstructions: Get location and history information about potentially dangerous, submerged hazards including rocks and sunken vessels.
The navigational dashboard shows various real-time information including:
- Current location (latitude and longitude, with accuracy range)
- Current Heading (includes a small directional compass as well!)
- Current Speed Over Ground
- Current Bearing
MARINE MAP OVERLAYS
Toggle various marine overlay data right onto the map to get a better idea of the current boating conditions!
- Water Surface Temperature (Global)
- Wind Speeds (US only)
- Wind Gusts (US only)
- Wave Heights (US only)
- Weather Precipitation Radar (US & Hawaii only). Detects any rain and snow in the area.
- Weather Station. Reports the nearest observation station data. Current temperature, humidity, weather conditions, wind, and more! Station observation data is available globally.
- Weather Alerts. Weather station also reports any active weather alerts issued by the National Weather Service such as severe thunderstorm warnings or hurricane warnings. Weather alert information is available for US, Alaska and Hawaii.
- Land Surface Temperature overlay. Shows the current surface temperature on land (US only).
Toggle on or off various features you want or do not want to use.
-Easily select between six different nautical chart types to fit the time of day and your preferences.
-Switch between metric or imperial units for weather information.
-Get the most simplistic views by hiding or showing various features such as buoys, obstructions, navigation dashboard, and other features.
-Control the map's behavior, tilt, appearance, and orientation as you interact with it or as location updates occur.
Enjoy the app! Marine Ways is also available on the web at http://www.marineways.com