About Autism & Pervasive Developmental Disorders 4e
This Wiley app-book, Handbook of Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders, 2 Volume Set, 4th Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using its patented technology.
• A powerful search
• Bookmarks, History and Highlighting
• Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
• Notes and picture notes
About this title
The newest edition of the most comprehensive handbook on autism and related disorders
Since the original edition was first published more than a quarter-century ago, The Handbook of Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders has been the most influential reference work in the field. The new, updated Fourth Edition includes the changes in the way the disorder is defined in the DSM5 and ICD-10 that may have profound implications for diagnosis and, by extension, access to services. Along with providing practical clinical advice—including the role of psychopharmacology in treatment—the handbook codifies the ever-expanding current body of research throughout both volumes.
• Offers a wealth of information on the epidemiology of autism and the genetic, environmental, biochemical, social, and neuropathological aspects of the disorder
• Covers descriptive and diagnostic characteristics, biological contributions, intervention techniques, as well as legal and social issues
• Discusses outcomes in adults with autism spectrum disorders; issues and interventions important from infancy through adolescence to adulthood; play development,; and psychopharmacology and medical care in autism and related conditions
Focuses on three areas of autism studies:
• Assessment, including screening for autism in young children, diagnostic instruments, clinical evaluation, and behavioural assessment;
• Interventions for infants and toddlers at risk, treatment models for children and youth with ASD; and Social Policy Perspectives such as supporting independence in the community for individuals with high functioning ASD, supporting the family of people with ASD, and evidence-based psychosocial interventions
• Policy and Special topics include autism across cultures, autism in the classroom, alternative treatments, teacher and professional training guidelines, and economic aspects of autism
Authors: Fred R. Volkmar, Rhea Paul, Sally J. Rogers, Kevin A. Pelphrey
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
A SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Wiley, Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, Pharmaceutical Press, Elsevier and more.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+