About Invest Sunshine Coast
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia, is a smart, healthy and creative place to live and work.
With this free app learn why the smart money is on the Sunshine Coast and why it’s been dubbed as the “HQ with IQ”.
Includes specific information on sectors:
• Knowledge & Professional Services
• Health & Wellbeing
• Education & Research
• Tourism, Sport & Leisure
• Aviation & Aerospace
• Clean Technologies
• Contact for free investment advice
• Investment incentive details
• Major property and infrastructure projects
• Statistics and research
Sunshine Coast Council welcomes and supports the growth of local businesses and the establishment of new ones on the Sunshine Coast.
Sunshine Coast Council provides support services for business and investors:
• A single entry point for service
• Business case development support
• Trade and investment delegations
• Customised site selection assistance
• Incentives and assistance.
Other interesting Sunshine Coast facts:
• With more than $8 billion private sector investment and over $2.5 billion public sector investment, the region has evolved into a world-class business and investment destination.
• “A smart place for business” is more than just a term coined to engage and entice: it’s underpinned by the revolutionary Smart City Framework, developed by Sunshine Coast Council in partnership with Telstra and Cisco.
• The Sunshine Coast is Australia’s first fully integrated smart city; recipient of a Google eTown Award and a Smart21 community award.
• The Coast is also one of the largest regional economies in Australia and has a strong and innovative 20-year economic plan for investment and business growth.
• The Sunshine Coast offers an idyllic coastal lifestyle with pristine beaches, ancient landmarks, unspoiled rainforests and diverse ecosystems.
• The Sunshine Coast is home to Australia’s only greenfield CBD development. Maroochydore – The Bright City – is a master-planned commercial, residential, retail and cultural precinct, with 40% designated as parks and waterways.
• An entrepreneurial and intelligent culture has seen more than $30 million in capital assistance and 110 businesses graduated through the nationally-awarded Sunshine Coast Innovation Centre.
• The development of the largest health precinct in the Southern Hemisphere is attracting new business and medical specialists from across Australia and around the world.
• The Sunshine Coast has the highest level of business confidence in Queensland: 60% of businesses expect a profit, 38% expect a capital investment increase and 33% expect to employ more staff.
• Sunshine Coast Council is the fifth largest council in Australia and is winning regular national awards for supporting local economic and business development.
• The region has some of the most affordable business operating costs and lowest payroll tax in Australia.
• The term ‘Seachange’ was coined on the Sunshine Coast in the early 2000s.
• The Sunshine Coast has access to all major transport networks and export infrastructure – air, road and rail and broadband connectivity – including the award-winning Sunshine Coast Airport.
• Businesses already investing in the Sunshine Coast include Youi Insurance, Ramsay Health Care, Stellar Asia Pacific, Gourmet Garden and more, download the App to hear why they call the Sunshine Coast home.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+