About ECD and Pressure Calculator
ECD and Pressure Calculator has been created to simplify life on rig site. This calculation consists of 6 different calculators which have been designed to take very specific input and give you output without knowing equation or math behind.
Those 6 calculators are:
- ECD calculator – calculates Equivalent Circulating Density from your current mud weight, true vertical depth, and annular pressure
- Pressure gradient – calculates Pressure gradient for your well from your current mud weight and also can calculate hydrostatic pressure if your current depth is given
- Hydrostatic pressure – calculates Hydrostatic Pressure from your current data like mud weight, true vertical depth etc.
- FIT Calculations – provides calculations required to calculate specific pressure required to test your current formation in order to check if it will hold pressure up to desired mud weight using current mud weight, TVD (true vertical depth) and of course your desired mud weight
- The pressure required to break circulation – calculates minimum pressure required to break circulation in order to make flow. Calculated pressure relates to force required to break gels so fluid can start flowing in drill string and your annulus
- Maximum Allowable Mud Weight – calculates maximum allowed mud weight based on your latest leak-off test or other pressure tests conducted during drilling wildcat well or exploratory wells in area
There is more to come (Apps and in-app calculators). If you would like to see more of our apps or additional functions please feel free to drop the e-mail or leave a comment and we will certainly do our best to help or contact you back for further details.
The main goal of creation and development of Oilfield Apps is to help fellow oilfield people in their everyday struggle to do their best job. As we all know sometimes things on rig site can go wrong and during those stressful situations looking for the equation or calculating something on paper can be painful. That is the reason behind Oilfield Apps to provide best mobile apps in the industry.
However, Oilfield Apps cannot guarantee that everything is and always will be perfect and correct especially that different companies use slightly different factors to calculate (different number rounding of numbers etc.). We did my best to unify all those factors since they are all very close to each other. Oilfield Apps was able to achieve differences between my apps and other calculators (or excel files) in the range of 0-0.5% which we believe is extremely close.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+