The app makes use of spaced repetition: words are practised at the point when the learner is likely to forget them. This reinforces learning and helps to put words into long-term memory.
The app’s multilingual dictionary contains translations for English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Orthodox), Chinese (Simplified), Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain), Thai, Turkish, with more languages coming soon. Full access is available through in-app subscription (see details below). You can also subscribe to a specialist dictionary for studying Business English.
Details of in-app purchases and subscriptions:
• You can buy a range of content packs through the app. All coursebook and general vocabulary packs are available for one-time purchase at the prices stated in the app. You can try the first unit of any content pack free of charge: tap on Settings / Choose Content to find content you are interested in.
• The app provides a free Basic English Dictionary. You can use this dictionary to add up to 20 words to My Words: a personal set of words that you choose and practise in the same way as a content pack. If you want to add more words to My Words you need to buy a subscription to the Basic English Dictionary. This subscription also gives you access to translations for word meanings in the Basic English Dictionary. In addition, you can subscribe to a specialist Business English Dictionary (English-English only), with full access to the My Words feature.
• The Basic Dictionary of English plus full access to My Words and bilingual translations is available for GBP3.99 for a yearly subscription. The Business English Dictionary plus full access to My Words is available for GBP14.99 for a yearly subscription
• These are the pound sterling prices. You will be charged in your local currency according to the appropriate exchange rate in Google Play.
• Payment will be charged to your Google Wallet account at confirmation of purchase.
• Note: your subscription will renew automatically until cancelled. Cancelling a subscription will not refund subscription payments already made. **There is no two-hour refund window for subscriptions**
• To cancel your subscription:
1. Go to payments.google.com.
2. Along the left side of your screen, select Bills and accounts.
3. Select the subscription you want to cancel > Cancel subscription.