There is many compass implementations on market, but I got really difficult to find quality one able to take photos of directions. So... this is my exercise for Android Compass Camera implementation.
What can it do :
1. Smooth azimuth, pitch and roll readings.
2. Two mode: camera mode (compass and camera), only compass mode. Automatically change when you change device orientation from horizontal (face up) to vertical (face front).
3. Rotating bezel on compass mode.
4. Can smoothly change UI brightness and color on camera mode, adjust it according to environment..
5. Unlock outer compass scale on camera mode.
6. Light UI for camera mode. Minimum information to not distract result image.
7. RF UI Mode. For GSM antenna direction pictures taking.
8. Control picture size.
9. Location service (geo coordinates reading).
10. Can be used from other apps by Android Intent interface calls.
11. Long click anywhere on screen to take photo.
Please be aware that accuracy of readings directly related on quality of sensors used in particular device.
Hope you will enjoy using Compocam!
Failed compass works, no camera integration on Z3 pity
Exactly what I was looking for. And exactly doesn't work. Keep looking for something that works...
Nice on jungle
Not wark in my LG
Would be awesome if it worked. Compass works until I hold it up for a picture. After which all directions face South.
I hate my device !!
Am ad Khan
It is very useful
If you telecom engineer this is perfect application for Azimuth check with opportunities to take a picture with direction and Azimuth on the same photo! Thank to manufacturer and producing
Taking pictures with directions and tilts, and just using as compass , app is best. Field engineers and especially rf and survey engineers need this application.