There is many compass implementations on market, but I got really difficult to find quality one able to take photos of directions. So... this is my exercise for Android Compass Camera implementation.
What can it do :
1. Smooth azimuth, pitch and roll readings.
2. Two mode: camera mode (compass and camera), only compass mode. Automatically change when you change device orientation from horizontal (face up) to vertical (front face).
3. Rotating bezel on compass mode.
4. Can smoothly change UI brightness and color on camera mode, adjust it according to environment..
5. Unlock outer compass scale on camera mode.
6. Light UI for camera mode. Minimum information to not distract result image.
7. Control picture size.
8. Location service (geo coordinates reading).
9. Can be used from other apps by Android Intent interface calls.
10. Long click anywhere on screen to take photo.
Please be aware that accuracy of readings directly related on quality of sensors used in particular device.
Hope you will enjoy using Compocam!