About Shake Reader Lite [SMS reader]
"You've got a new message from Alex. Hi, how are you? Let's go out tonight!"
Have your SMS messages read with Shake Reader. Hear them automatically, or if you shake your phone. Reader uses Text-To-Speech (TTS) of your phone. Please read the description below and enjoy :)
* Auto SMS reading mode: reads when message arrives
* Shake reading mode: shake to hear incoming SMS
* Options to read sender, number, time, date, message
* Home-screen widget - reader ON / OFF switch
* Reads sender names from phone contacts
* Custom text for voice notification on "new message"
* Test button for testing sms reader with your settings
* Repeat-on-shake option to hear repeatedly what was last read
* Stops reading on active call and resumes after
* Can handle several messages coming at once
* Reads also long messages
* Low memory consumption
* Volume monitor - muted if phone is in silent mode
* Auto-start sms reader after boot
* Supports TTS language setting. Example: if phone language is English, and TTS language is set to German, reading will be correct in German language (app has reading support for 15 languages).
Additional in PRO version - Shake Reader Pro:
* SMS popup with Play / Reply / Delete
* Home-screen widgets "Show last sms" and reader ON / OFF switch
* Caller name reader,
* Reader for battery and network state
* Speed of speaking
* Voice pitch
* Shake detection timeout
* Sensitivity & calibration, etc.
* You need a Text-To-Speech engine. On most phones it is included for most used languages, but if you need more specific language, you will have to download and install it separately.
* If using "shake" mode when your phone is on standby (screen is OFF): on some phones you have to click the power button before shaking (just to wake the phone, unlocking is not needed)
* If you change the language of Text-to-speech engine in phone settings, please restart the reader (switch OFF and then ON)
Description of modes:
A. AUTO mode - reading is started when text message arrives.
B. SHAKE mode - when message arrives, you can shake your phone to hear the message. Detection of shake runs for 1 minute (you can set 10 sec to 5min). This is for the reason of battery-saving. Note, that on some phones, if message arrives and screen is OFF, first you have to simply click the power button before you shake.
* If you get undesired shake-detections or shakes are hard to detect, please adjust sensitivity in Settings > Shake sensitivity.
Can be used in both auto and shake mode. If enabled, you can repeat the last reading by shake. Shake detection will run since last reading until timeout is over (the same as in shake mode).
If you like Shake SMS Reader, please don't forget to give it rating. This way you will help the development.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+