About WIN Atlas Virtual Career Coach
WIN Atlas: Virtual College and Career Coach
WIN Atlas is designed for homeschoolers or students who may not have easy access to a guidance counselor and makes planning and exploring for a career path engaging, relevant and exciting. Users of the mobile app can begin with a quick selection of three primary options. 1) I just can’t narrow it down; 2) I know what I want to be; and 3) I have no idea what I want to be. From this initial question, students can quickly and easily engage in narrowing their career interests and plan for road ahead.
Develop Goals and a Plan for Next Steps to College & Career Success
The WIN Atlas gives learners the ability to access the Career Exploration component from a mobile tablet, smartphone or app enabled device. The user can navigate through the app in a variety of ways:
• Assess: Complete an Interest and/or Work Priorities Survey
• Explore: Freely explore careers and occupation details
• Plan: Set goals and plan next steps to support an education and career pathway
WIN Atlas allows students to examine occupations in relationship to educational pathways and regional opportunities. Students have the ability to play out different career scenarios by filtering career clusters by region, salary potential and job zones.
• Students have the ability to pin occupations and colleges that interest them to My Favorites.
• Students have the ability to drill into each occupation to further investigate:
• Detailed job descriptions
• Common interests associated with the occupation
• Common work values associated with the occupation
• Skills associated with the occupation
• Education requirements
• Common college majors associated with the occupation
• Schools with degree/certificate programs associated with the occupation
• Average wages
• Regional outlook
The ultimate goal is to help students identify potential careers and gain insight into the relationship between educational pathways and career opportunities.
Users have access to develop a career pathway by identifying their strengths and planning for their future:
• Interest Profiler—Conduct an interest assessment to match occupations to unique career industry interest
• Work Priorities—Assess work values and priorities to match occupation interest to work importance
• Job Guidance Filter— Select state, career industry, education and training, salary and career choices to match occupation interests to profile filter
• Education Planning—Develop a plan for post secondary education and training
• Favorite Occupations—Favorite key occupations for immediate search and access
• Favorite Colleges—Favorite top college institutions for immediate access and planning
• Career Goal Setting—Build a five year plan to support selected education and career pathways
• My Classes— Identify programs and classes that lead to a development plan for achieving your career goals.
• Approved Certification—Track and identify major certifications that have been acquired or are necessary to the world of work in a particular occupation of interest
• Achievement & Information—Document personal, educational and professional milestones and achievements.
• Next Steps—Develop a checklist of actions to support selected education and career pathways
WIN Atlas allows you to share Interest and Priorities survey results and My Summary via Facebook, Twitter and email.
Download WIN Atlas and engage learners in planning for their future college and career path.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+