About Beautiful Flowers Plastic Bags
This instructable gives the directions for making a rose like the one below.
Step 1: Getting Your Materials Together
Before you start you will need:
- Plastic bags - lots of pretty colours!
- Green string - preferably something quite stiff. I used some plastic parcel string.
- A sewing needle - one with an eye big enough to thread your string through.
- A knitting needle - or anything pointy
You might also want a pen and some sticky tape.
Step 2: Making Petals
1) Take a plastic bag and cut the handles and bottom off. Now you should have a plastic tube.
2) Cut straight along one edge of the tube to make it into a sheet.
3) Now cut your sheet into strips about 4cm thick (that's about 1.5" in old money).
4) Take a strip and fold in one edge by about 2.5cm (1"). Keep folding it over and over so you end up with a flat roll of plastic.
5) Now cut the roll as shown in the diagram below.
6) Unfold the shape you cut out. You should now have a long strip of petal shapes!
Repeat steps 4 to 6 with another one of the strips you made in step 3. this should give your enough petals to make a good sized flower. You can of course do more, or less, depending on how big you want your flowers to be.
Step 3: Making the Flower.
Making the Flower.
7) Take one end of the strip of petals and roll it onto the knitting needle. Keep rolling until the whole strip is wrapped around the needle. Add another strip to make the flower head bigger.
Take care to make sure that the bottom edges of the strips line up.
Now carefully remove the knitting needle.
8) Hold the flower head together by pushing the sewing needle through its base.
Step 4: Attaching the Stem
Attaching the Stem
9) Cut three equal lengths of the green string. Each one should be a little more than twice the length you want your stem to be.
Now take the flower head you just made and remove the needle. Widen that hole with the knitting needle. It needs to be quite big, but take care not to rip the plastic.
10) Now thread each length of string through the hole so that the flower head sits at the midpoint of each.
11) Tie up each string. This holds the flower head together.
12) Now pair up the ends of the original three lengths and braid them together tightly.
13) Before you run out of string, tie the ends together so they wont fray. In the diagram each pair of strings is lettered. Tie pair A to pair B, pair B to pair C and pair C to pair A.
14) Chop off the extra string.
Step 5: Finishing Off and Notes
Finishing Off and Notes
To finish off your rose, play around with opening out the petals so that they look nice.
Of course you don't have to make a rose, I made a daffodil and another flower by experimenting with different petal shapes and using different coloured strips of bag.
One thing, which might be nice, is to cut some smaller green petal shapes to attach at the base of the flower head. This should make the transition from flower to stem a little more realistic looking.
for further information and detail tutorial, download this application now and you will have what you want.
please enjoy this tutorial and give us any feedback.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+