About Beautiful Styrofoam Rustic Heart Memo Board
You can never be too organized so tuck this mini memo board into those smaller spaces just begging for order: craft area laundry room kitchen wall.
Completion time – 2 hours
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
Sheet, 18" x 12" x 1"
Acrylic paints: red iron oxide; dark green; antiquPainter's canvas, primed or unprimed, 1/2 yd.Gesso (if using unprimed canvas)Pressure-sensitive copper foil tapeSheer gold metallic ribbonBrass brads, four
Candle stub or paraffin
Paintbrushes: medium flat; stiff round
Heavy-duty work gloves
Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
Thick, white craft glue
1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Refer to
diagram to cut heart from foam sheet.
2. Trace foam heart onto one side of painter's canvas; cut
out. Use craft glue to glue canvas heart to front of foam heart.
3. Measure perimeter of heart. Cut a 1"-wide strip of canvas
to cover heart edges. Glue canvas to foam. Pin canvas to
secure; let dry. Remove pins.
4. If canvas is unprimed, follow manufacturer's directions to
apply one or two generous coats of gesso to canvas, letting
dry between coats. Ignore imperfections on surface; they will
add to rustic quality of painted finish. Let dry.
5. Paint heart front and edges red iron oxide. Use slightly
damp sponge to pounce dark green areas onto heart; repeat with
antique gold. Rinse sponge well; use sponge to soften hard
edges where colors overlap.
6. Reapply red iron oxide over areas that appear uneven and
re-blend. Continue until pleased with effect. Let dry.
7. Put on gloves. Press copper foil tape over top of joint
between top and sides of heart, pressing half of strip onto
front and remainder onto sides.
8. Glue brads into front of memo board as shown. Cut 14"
length from ribbon. Leaving center loop for hanger, tie ribbon
into bow. Hot glue hanger to top of heart
the creativity is endless. so enjoy your own favorite guys!
for further information and detail tutorial, download this application now and you will have what you want.
please enjoy this tutorial and give us any feedback.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+