Please read the full description, before you start to use it. Thank you!
- retrieve car location
- location based car theft detection
- spy on microphone
- low battery alert
- car engine start detection
- tATA Watcher GCM - internet connection is required
- tATA Watcher SMS
- SMS - works with any phone that can send and receive SMS
Internet connection is optional, but I suggest to use it, because:
- depending on the usage, SMS may cost more
- GPS is much faster and more accurate with internet connection (a-gps)
- the debug mode is recommended, so you will learn how it works
Keep in mind that tATA is not a professional car alarm solution, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Be extremely careful with hiding mobile phone or power bank in your car, they can explode under extreme hot environment! I take no responsibility or liability for car thefts.
It is not an easy task to setup tATA Protector properly, so I recommend only for people who like hacking and patient enough. Check the Help screen in the application for guidance.
- SMS and GCM API is enabled by default
- change the default SMS password
- do NOT share your GCM ID
- tATA is "peer-to-peer", your personal data won't be stored in any tATA server, because there is no such thing
Tips & tricks:
- rooted phone can be automatically started on charge, google it :)
- If you use tATA Watcher GCM then install the Push Notifications Fixer app next to the Protector app, so you will get responses from the Protector app instantly. If the delay still occurs, then install it on the other phone as well.
- locations won't be accurate if you park in underground garage
- location check interval is not configurable yet, it will be configurable later (currently it is 15 minutes)