About Pinner Hill Golf Club
It was the Griggs brothers* who were originally responsible for developing the Hill, acquiring Pinner Hill House and the surrounding land in 1919. The country house they purchased was somewhat of a mishmash of architectural styles; the culmination of a number of previous owners’ differing tastes and eras. The house as it stands today was built in the 1780s and added to in the first part of the nineteenth century and again in the 1860s, but a mansion has existed on this plot since at least the 1630s, when Sir Christopher Clitherow decided that he would like a country pile befitting his social rank of Lord Mayor of London and acquired a part of the 135 acre Pinner Wood, known as Spinnells.
Pinner Hill House, Three generations of the Clitherows lived at Pinner Hill. Sir Christopher, the first to live there was the son of a wealthy city merchant of the Iron Mongers Company. He was admitted to the East India Company in 1601 and became governor in 1638. Over a large number of years there have been many high profile people who have lived there including. 1658 Sir Bartholomew Shower, in 1755 it was purchased for Lady Jane Bridges by the Marquis of Caernarvon, a relative of the 1st Duke of Chandos. In 1801 Sir Albert Pell lived there followed by Arthur W Tooke in 1845 who built Woodhall Towers and Pinner Hill Farm & Clock Tower. It was one of the best society houses in Pinner, it is now home to Pinner Hill Golf Club.
For the Golfers, the app features the Whole in One Golf GPS Range Finder and Digital Guide to playing the 18 Hole Championship Course. The App works as a virtual aid, giving you a 3D Flyover of each hole, and a pin positioning system.
- GPS Distances to the Front, Middle, Back of the Green
- 3D Flyover of each hole
- Hole by Hole imagery
- Full length
- Aerial shot of Green with sizes
- Course Information
- Club Contact details and map
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+