To capture complete app list, perform the following steps:
1. Enable USB debugging in Android device settings.
2. With Android SDK installed on computer, connect Android device via USB cable.
3. Launch AppNameInfo and navigate to "Write to Logcat" tab.
4. At computer, open command prompt and navigate to Android SDK adb directory. For example:
5. Capture logcat entries to text file via adb. For example:
adb logcat -s AppNameInfo > c:MyRunningApps.txt
Text file may be edited to effect tabular presentation in a Word document, as follows:
1. Open text file in text editor.
2. Search and replace to edit out logcat artifact, e.g., "I/AppNameInfo(29896): " (if generated by device under test).
3. Fields in text document are denoted by pipe delimiter ( "|" ). Use this delimiter when importing into Word to create 3-column table.
4. In text document, "Running Apps" column uses "cCc" character string to denote an app that is running. In Word, you may search string "cCc" and replace with check mark wherever the string occurs in your table.
Good instructions. Works as described. Is source code available for forensic purposes?