About Creative DIY Chevron Backpack
The teenager in your house might be looking for a more stylish backpack option, as what you wear is so important to teens in the later years as they try to fit in. This modern black and white chevron backpack can easily be customized in their choice of fabric, and the leather bottom on the bag will provide extra durability when the bag is thrown into a locker each day.
- Supplies: 1 yard of durable fabric
I used faux leather for the bottom
1/2 a yard for the liner.
drawstring, anything for closure
- You will need to piece the front/back part together by taping them. It will read place on fold if attached correctly. You can print actual size but if you scale it to fit that's fine it will just be a tad smaller. You will need to add 1/2 inch seam allowance. I just add it when cutting the pattern out.
You will also need to draft 3 strips for the casing and straps if you chose to use fabric.
Make sure to place the pattern on the fold for the front and back pieces.
- Tile and cut the pattern.
- Press seams of pocket 1/4 inch over toward wrong side.
- Sew the top 1/4 inch over.
- Place the pocket in the middle of the front piece. To get the middle simple fold front piece in half long ways and press a line down the middle. Do the same for the pocket and then line up the pressed marks.
Top stitch around leaving top flap open.
- You can make your own straps or purchase it from the fabric/craft store. 2 yards should be enough.
- For the straps I cut 2 strips 3in. by 28in. long and sewed them right sides together. I pulled it through with the loop turner above. I ironed them flat so the seam was down the middle of the back.
- Fold an end of the strap over an inch and sew a square evenly on the back panel. I lined them up 2.5 inches down from the top and 4 inches from the sides. Line the other end with the darts on the bottom and topstitch.
- Sew the front and back panels right sides together.
-Sew the bottom circular piece right sides together starting at any point. Make sure to get the straps in
- Create a liner by cutting another front and back piece and 1 bottom. Repeat the steps to make the liner but without the straps, you can add the pocket for more storage.
Want to know more ?
Download this application now and get what you want here. worth to try and you will like it.
simply share through any social media platforms. thank you for downloading. please enjoy and give us any feedback.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+