About Wi-Fi CleanUp
I recently faced a nasty problem with my device, I had to keep on re-entering the Wi-Fi key of a specific hotspot even if I had managed to connect successfully on previous attempts.
Also as I leave the Wi-Fi on most of the times, I started to get a bit uncomfortable when the device connected by itself to an Open Network (one of the many around my place) and got notifications (Adverticements).
I am sure I had connected before to that Open Network but did not bother to 'forget' it.
As a result, I created this app which helped me resolve the next problems:
a. Having to re-enter the Wi-Fi of certain hotspots by removing all instances of the same secured network that may have been mis-configured.
b. Slow loading time of Wi-Fi settings by maintaining a shorter list of configured networks.
c. Automatically forget Open Networks.
d. Assign a friendly name to a network (while being displayed in this app).
As an overall,
this app offers the possibility to forget (remove them from the configured list) Wi-Fi Networks (Open, Secured) from your device in a convenient way:
- (v.2.0) Assign Friendly name to a network (Touch the 'Name' label of the network).
- (v.2.0) Display the signal level of a network and be able to connect to it (Touch the 'Signal Level' indicator of the network).
- (v.1.0) Forget manually selected Open Networks with a few clicks (Favorites are excluded).
- (v.1.0) Forget manually selected Secured Networks with a few clicks (Favorites are excluded).
- (v.1.1) Automatically forget Open Networks when not in use (Favorites are excluded).
- (v.1.1) Mark a Network as 'Favorite' so that is not forgotten by mistake either manually or automatically.
No root access required.
Due to restrictions in Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), app can not run on this version of android.
- Connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi. Needed to get the Wi-Fi status.
- View network connections. Needed to get the status of a Wi-Fi connection.
- View Wi-Fi connections. Needed to get the list of Wi-Fi connections.
- Run at startup. Needed to get the Wi-Fi connection status without running the app.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+