• Dashboard with highlights and visible objects for the next night or any other night in the past or future
• Twilight diagram indicating daylight, twilight, moonlight, darkness and ideal observation opportunities
• Observation advice for the moon, all planets and deep sky objects from the complete Messier, Caldwell en Herschel 400 catalogues
• Rise and set times
• Cloud cover and precipitation forecast*
• Advice for required telescope
• Add observation opportunities directly to your calendar (from Android 4.0) and share them with your social network
* Depending on availability of weather data for the location
Nightshift has access to the following features of your device:
• Coarse location, to determine your observation site. This is typically accurate to a few hundred meters. This is sufficient for most astronomical events.
• Internet connection and external storage, to download and save weather data. The connection is also used to determine the name of your location. Nightshift will never download large files without your permission.
• Prevent the phone from sleeping, to ensure the download of a file won't be interrupted when you press the power button. This feature is only active during downloads.