FitCal is an app to promote physical wellness to general public. The app contains four pages, namely BMI calculator, World Health Organisation(WHO) database for BMI, Physical Activity Pyramid and Health Data.
- BMI stands for Body Mass Index, is a widely used index for measuring overweight and obesity.
- Obesity is one of the cause for many disease such as diabetes.
- WHO maintains a database for BMI globally to seek solutions for increase in the population of obese people.
- Physical Activity Pyramid is a diagram to guide for physical activities to achieve physical wellness, especially weight control.
- Physical activities, especially aerobic exercises can significantly improve physical wellness.
- Given 8 weeks of regular and suitable training in aerobic exercises, one's resting heart rate and blood pressure should show decreased as an indicator of improvement.
- Percentage change in resting heart rate and blood pressure is calculated in the app.
FitCal aims to provide fruitful information on achieving physical wellness and hence reducing one's risks in avoidable illnesses.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+