Check for improved version in the IOS App Store- type nity under search to find nitydrive. nity installation requirement in Android Device: Once you install nity in your phone, it will require OpenCV Manager to be installed in your phone the first time you try to run it.
nity description: nity is a driver assist app which provides driver rating real time using computer vision and signal processing of smartphone sensors. nity draws a white lane marking area in your cell phone and detects any object that comes within it by drawing a colored rectangle. nity also display current driver rating and the average driver rating for the entire drive cycle based on color code that changes real time from green to red indicating smooth to aggressive driving. The app works day and night sunny, rainy or snowy conditions. nity detects all types of objects from humans, animals, motorcycle, bicycle, tree, cars, trucks at various speeds.
1) The white trapezoidal area will start small and will gradually increase as the computer vision system detects lane marking or edges of the road. nity continuously adjust the white trapezoidal area to align the lane marking.
2) The smartphone should be mounted with a car mount in the windshield or in the dashboard horizontally, but because the dashboard may obstruct some of the view, we recommend mounting on the windshield.
3)The white trapezoidal region has a yellow horizontal line, make sure the top half of the yellow line does not have any dashboard picture, it should show only road in front.
4) In general once a lane is observed, the left side of the white trapezoidal area should align with the lane marking, it may take some driving before it happens. The best case scenario is when the smartphone is adjusted such that the left lane is near the left horizontal side of the camera view and does not extend to the left vertical side.
5) Adjust the phone mount angle such that the end of the white trapezoidal area does not touch the sky in the video and extends till the end of the road that is visible or little before that. If the mount angle is narrow (pointing down) then the white trapezoidal area will cover less area and objects will not be detected until they are close to the camera. If the mount angle is broad (pointing up) then the white trapezoidal area will cover more area and objects will be detected very far away from the camera.
6) When the app is first started the current and average driver monitoring color will appear black. After some driving, it will show color from green to red.
7) nity does not collect or save any data, so your smartphone hard drive will not be used up.
8) Continued use of the smartphone for driver rating can make it very hot and the app will shut down to keep it cool, to avoid that use the air in the windshield and plug it with an USB to the car charger.
9) nity merely help you improve your driving score by detecting objects in the front and giving you rating about driving acceleration. It is NOT an autonomous driving system it is more of a driver assist system.
10) Keep your eyes in the road and hands in the steering wheel.
11) The app requires Android 5.0 or higher
12) Keep your phone camera lens clean, wipe it up with a clean clothe to make sure pictures are clean. Occasionally the lens may get scrubbed when mounting the cell phone in the windshield mount. so mount in such a way that the camera lens does not get scrubbed. If the lens is not clean then object may not be detected quickly.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+