RearPi is a simple application to display and record video signals transmitted by your Raspberry Pi over wifi.
Usable for nearly every car.
Caravans have an extra benefit when wifi is used to transmit video signals
+ Front Recording
+ Front Loop Recording (15 min. 30 min. or permanent)
+ Option to set recording quality
+ Back Recording
+ Integrated mediaplayer to watch recordings
+ Integrated documentation
+ design changes
- connect to your Raspberry via ssh (IP-Adress/Login name & Password)
- start your camera on app start or with the "OPEN" button
- close your camera with the "EXIT" button
- full screen mode
To use your Raspberry Pi with RearPi as rearwiew camera / backup camera there are some steps to do.
First: Set up a Hot-spot to connect the Raspberry Pi and your phone/tablet.
To stream video you have to install mjpg streamer.
◦ sudo apt-get install libv4l-dev
◦ sudo apt-get install libjpeg8-dev
◦ sudo apt-get install subversion
◦ sudo apt-get install imagemagick
◦ svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/mjpg-streamer/code/
◦ cd /home/pi/code/mjpg-streamer/
◦ make USE_LIBV4L2=true clean all
◦ sudo make DESTDIR=/usr install
- Give your Raspberry Pi a static IP-Address (detailed steps in the manual PDF).
- Connect with the App to your Raspberry Pi (IP/Login/PW)
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+