About Name & Shame NSW
Have you ever wondered if that restaurant, cafe, or store you visited made you sick? Want to check if that place you're planning to visit has been in breach of food safety laws?
Name & Shame NSW provides an easy and intuitive way to browse the latest penalty notices in the NSW Food Authority 'name and shame' list and keep up to date with offending businesses around you.
Simple and user-friendly Material Design
When you're out and about, the last thing you want to do is navigate an unintuitive and non-mobile-friendly website on your phone. This app shows you the information that you want to see in an easy-to-use and optimised format for your phone or tablet.
With just a single tap you can instantly view a map of offending businesses around your location saving you time and frustration.
• View all penalty notices in a summarised list or select one for more details.
• Map view makes it easy to find offending businesses and penalty hotspots around you at a glance.
• Coloured map markers (yellow, orange, and red) reflect the highest penalty amount that a business has been fined.
Search and Sort
• Filter penalties by suburb or business name.
• Sort penalty notices by date of offence, suburb, business name, and penalty amount.
New penalty notices are published by the NSW Food Authority and these are automatically kept updated within the app.
• Location permissions are asked for only when using Map View to display your location on the map. The app will continue to function without these permissions however a default location of Sydney will be assumed.
• In-app purchases are completely optional and are for users who wish to support ongoing development of an ad-free experience for everyone. These funds will be used to pay for ongoing development costs including server hosting. No purchase is required to obtain the full functionality of this app.
"The NSW Food Authority publishes lists of businesses that have breached or are alleged to have breached NSW food safety laws. Publishing the lists gives consumers more information to make decisions about where they eat or buy food."
Name & Shame NSW is not an official application and is not affiliated with the NSW Food Authority.
* This application includes material © State of New South Wales through the NSW Food Authority, sourced from NSW Food Authority, http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au.