Allows you to instantly alert your security company, community, or the police to come and help you. Sends your security company and emergency contacts your exact location in real-time by SMS and GPRS.or 3G You can also add and receive local crime and suspicious activity reports. This app only uses GPS and data when it is open and being used.
- in an emergency, your emergency contacts receive an SMS notification with your location. We) can also remotely track your location in real-time, even if you can't speak or are on the move.
- your phone will call ASA’s 24/7 control centre automatically.
- activate the panic with just one press from your earphones or your Android Wear smart watch (beta).
- receive notifications of crimes or suspicious activities near to you.
- easily report crimes and suspicious activities and automatically notify people in your community.
- view crime locations and hotspots on a map.
- allows us to track your location if you are going into a situation you are nervous about.
- record audio with one touch (to, for example, record an official soliciting a bribe).
- upload a "selfie" photo to help our first responders recognise you in an emergency situation.
- the app has national emergency numbers pre-loaded.
- generate data to combat crime.
This SOS app works anywhere in the world and is free to download.
Please note we actively monitor or respond to panic or follow me activations only from our subscribers.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Why does the app require all these permissions?
Some app users are concerned about the number of permissions the app requires, which is especially obvious in Android 6 (Marshmallow). In general, the app only uses additional permissions when the user initiates specific activities where these are required. Here are the specific examples of how it uses the permissions:
Contacts - When you add emergency contacts, you can select them from your existing contacts.
Location - When you activate the panic button or the “Follow Me” button, the app can tell us where you are. It is also used when you want to add home location or location of crime alerts.
SMS - When you press the panic button it will send an SMS to your emergency contacts showing your location. It will also send SMSes to contacts when you cancel the alert.
Phone - To make phone call to your emergency contact when you press the panic button.
Photos/Media/Files - So you can add a photo of yourself (at registration) or a crime (when adding an alert). The app never does this in the background - you must initiate this.
Microphone - To record audio when you press the “Record Audio” button only.
Data - The main way the app uses data is when you press the panic button or follow me button (to send a small data alert to the backend database), at registration and adding crime alerts (to save details to the database), to use the map (e.g. to find your home location or crime locations) or to use the online shop.
Identity - So Google Play knows who has downloaded it and so users can access across devices.
Device ID and call information - Device ID so we can synchronise your app details if, for example, you delete the app and re-install it.
Please email [email protected]
if you have further questions.