About Bible New Revised Standard Version
The New Revised Standard Version of the Bible (NRSV) was published in 1989 and translated by a group of scholars representing different churches: Protestant, Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox Church and Jewish.
The NRSV is an updated version of the RSV (Revised Standard Version). It has replaced archaic words or words whose meaning has changed in the present.
The NRSV is an ecumenical Bible, conceived to represent the whole Christian Church and aimed to achieve universal Christian unity. The translation includes the books of the Protestant canon as well as the deuterocanonical books included in the Roman Catholic canon.
A Bible for all the Christians in the World!
Enjoy its new features:
- Free downloading
- Offline Bible: use the app even without internet access
- Audio Bible: click on the audio button and hear your favorite verse
- Easy to use interface: easily search any book, chapter or verse
- Highlight verses, make a list of favorites and access them later
- Add notes
- Change the font settings directly when reading the Bible
- Share your favorite verses with your friends via text message, email, Facebook or Twitter
- Set up night mode to protect your eyes
- The app automatically remembers the verse last read
Download this audio version of the New Revised Standard Version and enjoy the Holy Word every day on your smartphone or tablet.
The Old Testament is composed of 46 books including deuterocanonical books:
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Tobit, Judith, Esther, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Wisdom, Sirach, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Baruch, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi
The New Testament is composed of 27 books:
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, Corinthians 1 and 2, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation.