About Coach 7 for Chromebook
Coach 7 offers tools to make video or image analysis, to create dynamical models, to process and analyse data, and to compare results of real measurements with results generated by models.
The Data Video Activities enable you to make measurements on digital video clips to analyze motion of objects and measurements on still images to analyze shapes of objects. Such Activities bring real world into your classroom and allow analyzing attractive events and experiments that are impossible to perform in the classroom.
The Modeling Activities enable you to use ready-to-go models or to create models of dynamic changing systems. In such models the evolution of a system is computed step by step. Modeling allows solving realistic problems that are difficult to solve analytically. It helps students to understand the world of computational models; such models are used today in every area of research and industry.
Coach 7 is a highly useful tool, which can be used by teachers and students, in school, college and at home.
Coach 7 Activities are fully compatible with activities made in Coach 7 on other platforms: Windows, OS X and Android. No matter what the mix of technology is in the classroom or the school, all users share the same user experience.
Key Features – General
- Multilingual user interface (English, Dutch, Czech, German, Polish, Spanish and Slovak)
- Tutorial Activities to learn how to work with Coach
- Many ready-to-go CMA Activities for Biology, Chemistry and Physics available via the Download menu option
- Sharing Activities with other Apps e.g. Mail
Key Features – Video and Image Analysis
- Capture a video/make a photo using the built-in camera, choose a video/photo from your Photo/Video Library, or use one of our Activities with an included video/image
- Edit video (cut, adjust, flip)
- Scale the video/image
- Track objects (up to 8 objects) manually or automatically
- Correct perspective distortion
- Connect the object(s) motion on the video display with graph(s) by using synchronized scanning.
Key Features – System Dynamics Modeling
- Create models of dynamically changing processes and systems
- Three modeling modes present: Graphical (stocks and flows symbols), Equation (using the language of mathematics) and text using the easy to learn Coach programming language
- Execute models and simulate the effect of different parameters
- Compare the model results with the experiment results
Key Features – Data Analysis
- View collected or generated data in a table
- Visualize data in real-time in customizable graphs, meters and values
- Draw own graphs - make predictions
- Analyze the data with various analysis tools: Slope, Area, Statistics, Data smoothing, Function fits, Derivatives, Intervals, Signal Analysis (Fourier Transform, Linear Prediction) and Histograms
Key Features – Authoring
- Helpful tutorials to learn the basics of Coach
- Use or modify the ready-to-go CMA activities or create your own multimedia learning activities by adding texts, images, video and websites
CMA has been innovating science classrooms since 1987 with products for ICT-based learning, adopting the popular inquiry-based learning approach. The Coach software is one of main components in the CMA line-up of interfaces, sensors, software and teaching materials.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+