Speaking Email is perfect for busy people who struggle to keep on top of their email inbox and want to make productive use of their commuting time.
Your emails are read out loud, making it possible to keep your eyes on the road while you listen. Simple gestures designed for use while driving give you the ability to archive, flag or even reply on the go.
Although created with drivers in mind, Speaking Email is also great for other ‘downtime’ such as going for a run, at the gym, or during a recreational/commute bike or walk.
Clear your email inbox before you even start the work day!
Skips signatures and disclaimers
- We detect signatures and disclaimer footers and skip reading them out. These parts of an email can be long winded when read out.
- We are continually improving the algorithms for detecting and simplifying email text into speakable language - an essential ingredient for hands-free listening.
- There's an option to skip once a reply thread is reached or read out the whole email trail.
- Speaking Email is the only app on the market with email signature detection.
Works with 99% of email servers
- Speaking Email is available for iPhone and Android
- Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, AOL, Office 365, Amazon WorkMail, IMAP and POP are all supported. All connections are secured via SSL/TLS.
Optimised for driving
- Requires minimal interaction, having only one main screen, meaning there is no need to navigate between screens.
- There is no way to type replies and no need to ever use the keyboard. Your emails can be continuously spoken, meaning you never need to look at or touch the phone.
- If you wish to skip an email, go back, or archive an email, you can easily tap or swipe anywhere on the screen without looking.
Easy to triage your email
- If you have listened and no further action is required, archive the email by pushing archive, or double tap.
- If it needs action, click the star button to star/flag in your inbox.
- Or just leave in your inbox and swipe to the next email if you don’t want to hear it.
- If you don’t do anything, Speaking Email will go on to the next email, and leave the last one in your inbox.
Reads out HTML emails
- Speaking Email reads out HTML emails, not just the plain text version.
- A quick glance at your screen gives you the visual context of the email. Images and email content is intelligently scaled down to fit your device screen.
Manage your email your way
- Instead or as well as archiving, the "Archive" button can mark as read and/or move to a folder.
- Likewise the "Star" button can optionally mark as read, move to a folder and/or actually star your message.
- Option to Mark as Read when spoken
- Speak Unread emails first or only
- Option to speak unplayed emails first or only
- Option to cut off at reply thread
- Option to skip promotional emails
- Customise whether to read out senders, recipients, CCs, dates, use sound effects, slow down or speed up the speaking.
For full feature tour and FAQs see our website at http://www.speaking.email
Have questions? Reach us at [email protected]
See our FAQ at http://www.speaking.email/faq
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to find out about new versions.
- Paul Henry Show (NZ morning TV)
- Sky News
- The Australian, Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph, NT News, SBS
- NZ Herald
- National Business Review
“This is a nifty app, and one that will make driving a little safer for inbox addicts” - NBR
"Brilliant idea" - Paul Henry, TV3
Great App! I work on the computer from 7 am to 4pm. As a result.my presonal e-mail goes un checked for weeks. This prompted me to look for an App to read my e-mails. This is how I discovered Speaking E-mail. I am still learning how to maximize use of this App. I love what it is doing so far. It is awesome!
I like using Speaking Email while driving. The Text-to-Speech is pretty good, and skipping the signature is a nice feature. Being able to flag messages for follow-up, and archive the others is a great way to help clean out the inbox. And the support to get my account setup was excellent.
Far too difficult to set up Have spent over 2 hours trying, however sorted within 10 seconds from the feedback team! Many thanks
This app is a must try for any time conscious individual. If you get bogged down by email you have to examine this as part of your business process. Install concerns voiced by users are always related to their ability to configure email in a mobile environment. It's not always straight forward & I can understand their frustration but it's typically not the app developers issue. Lastly, some config suggestions. I'd like the ability to choose where the app stores items ie SD card for example. Plus more voices
This app has life changing potential, but mostly that potential has yet to be realized. The GUI is optimized for driving?? but is actually very minimal. There are none of the common options that mail clients provide, such as placing a star or flag for follow up. (That would seem like an obvious necessity while driving). No organizing, or even deleting. All you can really do is archive messages. Given the inability to interact in any meaningful way with messages as they are read, it is fortunate that they are not subsequently 'marked as read' by the program. Without any ability to flag, organize, or even know where you last started or left off, I usually find my email is better left alone until I can attend to it with a few more tools at hand. The App seems barely out of the concept phase, but nonetheless I have high hopes for what further development will bring.
Spending hours on the road every day and need to listen to emails and respond accordingly. This app works to help those issues.
Hi guys, any chance to support for more languages?
Wouldn't even allow setup. Garbage!
I am dyslexic and it helps me tremendously love itk
It reads only the info I need and is FAST.
There's still room for improvement (there always is with this sort of app). However, I have tried many apps in this category and this one is clearly the frontrunner. So therefore - 5 stars!
Great app, user-friendly and doesn't distract while driving. Really useful for working mum's with little time on their hands!
Works as it should. Recommended to any business person.
Can't get it to connect to Outlook 365.
On first use, after attempt to look at settings, the app locked up my HTC One M8. Had to reboot phone to promptly uninstall. To bad. Could have been useful if it worked.
Could not get it to work on my Galaxy Note 3 :(