About Oman Meteorology
With „Oman Meteorology“ you get the free official Weather App featuring the highest quality weather forecasts for The Sultanate of Oman! „Oman Meteorology“ is provided to you by the national weather service of Oman, the Directorate General of Meteorology of the Public Authority for Civil Aviation.
The Directorate General of Meteorology represents a most modern weather service operating the latest state of the art technology such as for example global meteorological satellite reception systems, several radar stations scanning the skies of Oman for distant or close thunderstorms or precipitation, many manned and automatic weather stations also in 24/7 operation as well as powerful supercomputers for the simulation calculation of the future Oman weather. Above all, a team of highly skilled and motivated weather experts interpret this observed and forecast data, ready to issue alerts or give advice at any time. Already this official weather information is provided to the public through the customizable Web site www.met.gov.om and now in addition the „Oman Meteorology“ App is launched taking into account the modern lifestyle with omnipresent mobile devices.
The „Oman Meteorology“ App provides for the public an easy and convenient access to Oman weather local data, including but not limited to the latest composite radar image, the latest weather satellite image, the rain forecast map, up-to-date weather measurement observation and much more. In detail, the App offers these features:
- weather forecast widget for your home screen, so that with a quick glace you know your weather
- three-days forecast for all stations within the Sultanate of Oman, automatically updated for the station nearest to you or for a pre-selected favourite station
- several map forecasts including weather, wind, temperature, rainfall and pressure, giving you a perfect overview over the coming weather
- severe weather warnings, advisories, information and notifications so that you are informed immediately if something is brewing
- sunrise and sunset for each city with adapted icon sun/moon, perfect additional assistance to plan your day
Of course the App is easy to use, providing an easy access to real-time weather status with the ability to swipe the screen or to switch between cities on a map with a simple click. Also the users can set their preferred units for the display for example for temperature Celsius or Fahrenheit, for Wind knots of km/h etc. The App also provides a link to the Web for additional information:
- different types of weather charts and other products from simulations for Oman
- sea state forecasts including wave and swell height and direction
- special charts and products for aviation
- historical climatological data for The Sultanate of Oman
- actual observations, upper air soundings, ship and buoy reports, mean sea pressure analysis, upper air analysis, latest tropical cyclone tracks and forecast
Most of all, the „Oman Meteorology“ App utilizes the specific advantageous possibilities of modern mobile devices to best reach the public to prevent weather related damages to health or property in Oman: When official weather warnings or advisories are issued by the Directorate General of Meteorology covering a region or the whole Sultanate of Oman they appear in real-time as messages directly on the display of the mobile device by the means of Push technology. This means that such important information cannot be missed anymore. In addition, the App interprets the current position of the user and can conveniently automatically display the information for the nearest weather station.
The „Oman Meteorology“ App is the logical next step of the Directorate General of Meteorology of the Public Authority for Civil Aviation for providing best weather service and protection from weather related hazards to the people of Oman. This mobile solution supports its users in an ideal manner in planning daily activities or taking precautious measures.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+