Conventional social networks store all information on central servers, forcing their users to give up control of their own data, compromising their privacy, and exposing them to surveillance and censorship.
ourbook is different! All your data is stored on your own device. No central servers are needed. Devices communicate with each other over a decentralized peer-to-peer network. All communication is anonymized and encrypted via Onion Routing (Tor).
- Anonymous, peer-to-peer, fully decentralized
- Data remains on the user's own device
- All communication is sent through Tor for anonymization (onion routing)
- Full end-to-end encryption
- Completely free (free of charge and ad-free)
- Post text and images
- Share content
- Friend list
- Personal profile
- Private chat
Source code: http://github.com/onionApps/Network.onion/